Thursday 6 August 2015


I have begun an online writing course via a site called 'Rebelle Society.'
www.rebellesociety.com
I'm enjoying it.

Todays prompt was;
DAY 4 - DAILY PROMPT 
Imagine the world is ending in 24 hours. Write the way it will end and how you would fill the hours.

This is what I wrote. 

We lie together, ignoring the loud commotion that surrounds us. The windows are rattling, and I can hear a dog howling in the distance. I feel his touch. His fingers leave a trail of sensation as he traces the skin from my shoulders down to my belly. I look into his eyes so full of emotion, betraying the bravado that he is trying to display to me. I reach up and touch his face, I feel the stubble beneath my fingers, there was no use in keeping up appearances, it was just us, nobody else to see. There was no reason to leave the house over the past few days. Our employers had closed their doors, and we were no longer required. The end was near.
            The reports stated that nothing else could be done; the meteor could not be re-directed. It would be a direct hit. Cherish the time with your loved ones they said, remain indoors they said. Try to remain calm they said. This was very easy to listen to but harder to achieve. Who could remain calm, knowing that it was over? Your life, your world, your everything was ending. Life would be snuffed out. He had remained the strong one, he had held me as I cried, held me as I said goodbye to my parents over a phone call. Held me as I looked out the window when the sky became dark, and holds me still.
            So now I know, this was it. I tell him how much I love him, how I would not have survived these years without him, his support has been endless as the cancer consumed my body. To think now the cancer still survived, still ate away at me, and the end would come from something much more sinister outside. The wind now roars through the trees, the sound unbearable. I watch him as he smiles. I love you he says to me, you are an amazing woman, I would not be the man I am without you in my life. I kiss him. I thank him. I love him.
            I hear the explosions far away, and then they become closer. He lies atop of me now, and I feel him inside of me. Our lips are melded together, the sounds of our lovemaking is all I hear. I lift my hips, pushing him deeper inside of me, the muscles in my belly now contracting, the feeling deep inside resonates the love we feel at this moment. I hear him roar out my name, I hold his head tighter to me. My lips are one with his, our tongues melding.
            I hear nothing else. The room is in complete darkness. I moan as I reach the pinnacle with him, my back arching into him. Then he is gone. He is heavy. I close my eyes. One deep breath. And then silence.

@josephine brierley 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment